Soul Food Queen
Southern Cooking Recipes....
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
2 slices bread
2 lb. ground beef, 85% lean
1/2 cup onion, finely minced
2 clove garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup beef stock
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup flour
3 1/2 cups beef stock
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Add the bread to a food processor and pulse until you have fine bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, onion, garlic,eggs, allspice, salt, pepper, stock, and bread crumbs.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. For each meatball, use 1/4 cup of the meatball mixture and shape into balls. Brown the meatballs in the skillet, on all sides until no longer pink on the outside.
5. Transfer the meatballs to a bowl. Set aside.
6. Add the flour to the skillet and whisk for about a minute.
7. Add the stock and whisk until blended. Add the dill, salt, and pepper. Stir until thickened.
8. Return the meatballs to the pan, cover, and cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
9. Remove the pan from the heat. Uncover and stir in the sour cream. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired. Serve immediately.
April 15, 2015
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest